The RM of Argyle was incorporated on August 15, 1881 and is named after John Campbell, 9th duke of Argyll, whom was the fourth Governor General of Canada. ~ wikipedia
History Of Argyle:
George Playfair was the first Reeve of Argyle, and was in office from 1881-1882. The RM of Argyle includes the Communities of Baldur, Glenora, Greenway, and Neelin. Baldur is the biggest community is this southwestern RM, with approximately 335 people! The RM of Argyle Office is located in Baldur, the beautiful small town!